Cleft SIG’s name is changing to Cleft Clinical Excellence Network (CEN) in line with national guidelines and to better reflect the core purpose of the group.
We facilitate professional development for Speech and Language Therapists with an interest in cleft and craniofacial anomalies. SLTS may be working solely with this group of clients or simply be interested in the specialist area.
The CEN provides opportunities for networking, support and sharing information and evidence based practice. The client group includes adults and children with a cleft palate, a craniofacial anomaly or a speech disorder arising from velopharyngeal dysfunction.
- To provide opportunities for CPD
- To respond to issues on behalf of RCSLT at their request
- To exchange and discuss information concerning the client group
- To improve standards of care for the client group on a national basis
- To promote advances in speech and language therapy management of this client group, including discussion of new equipment and techniques from national and international sources
- To provide peer support for speech and language therapists working with this client group
- To encourage members to undertake and participate in research/audit projects and share their findings
- To provide some financial support for members to attend
Registration is open to members of RCSLT upon payment of annual subscription. Membership runs from April to March. Honorary membership is occasionally conferred upon those who have made a significant contribution to this client group.
Membership: Application form 2016 - 2017